Here is a clip of the song and the opening titles it is used in for the film.
This is just the audio:
Listen to this piece 6 times.
Each time create a list of musical concepts you can hear. Write one list each for each musical concept
- Timbre/Tone Colour
- Dynamics & Expressive Techniques
Here is another arrangement of this piece by Herbie Handcock and Quincy Jones. This piece starts off with an excellent Tambourine solo. Yes! Tambourine Solo! Move aside cowbell.
How is this piece different to the original? Think about the following questions:
- Is it in a different style?
- Is the performing media different?
- Has the structure changed?
- Is it in the same mode/scale/key?
- What else in this arrangement is noticeably different?
For a bit of extra fun here is another arrangement down by someone for youtube. (pay attention to how he plays the drum part)